With us living in a modern world and relying on the internet for work and play- it’s essential we have the best quality connection we can. We’ve put together some tips on how to keep your WIFI performing at it’s optimum.
- Select a good place for your router– away from metal appliances that could interfere with the signal it produces
- Make sure you stay on top of any updates it needs- This helps prevent security lapses where you could be at risk of malware attacks
- Get a stronger antenna- if you don’t mind having an antenna that’s bigger than the one with your router, then it will be a lot more powerful than the one provided
- Password protect so only you can use it– use an encrypted password that can’t be guessed (read our blog post on strong passwords) so only you have access
- Buy a WIFI booster/extender– extends the signal to parts of the house where you may find the signal isn’t as strong such as a far back bedroom